Friday, August 1, 2014

My daughter's birthday

This week was my daughter's 3 birthday. I'm a little sad that my little baby is growing up so fast, no more baby in the house just toddlers. Her birthday was Friday August 1, we planned to go to the pool with the play group in the morning then do some shopping for school supplies that I was missing for my son and then go out to dinner just the four of us since we had a party plan for her on Saturday.
So the day started good, she was super happy that it was her birthday.
The night before she was bitten by a mosquito on her chick so she woke up with her face a little swollen. So we went to the pool and had a great time then a friend from the group decided to make a little cake for her so we could sing happy birthday the actual day of the birth.
So the kids played some more and had a great time.

We go home and get ready to go to dinner to the Cheesecake Factory; then I send my mom a picture of my daughter and sick freaks out, she calls me and tells me to take her to the ER that her face was too swollen, the swelling was growing, I could tell but I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't go, I told her that if she got worse I would take her. 


 I checked on her all night and she didn't get worse but she didn't get better and that I didn't like. It's not normal to have a swollen face from a mosquito bite for more than a day.
This what more poor little girl looked like on the day of her big birthday party. 

So Saturday morning I decided to take her to the urgent care since her doctor was opened and I didn't wanted to spend 4 hours in the ER on the day of her party. The whole thing was pretty fast and we made on time to her party that was at 11:30am. 
She ended up having cellulitis, they gave her antibiotics. She expended the rest of the day with a swollen face but she was able to enjoy her party and that made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment